background

Thursday, February 12, 2009

What I Know For Sure

Oprah inspired me to make this list. If you are familiar with her magazine, this is the last column she writes in every issue. Some of the things on her I have "borrowed" from Oprah and the rest is my own. I keep this list in my nightstand and try to read it when I'm feeling blue or out of sorts because it helps me keep my focus on what is truly important in life:

There is a loving, heavenly God who is our original Father-Creator who sent us to this life to do good and help each other. He is always there to help us-all we need to do is ask.

What you put out, comes back to you.

I define my own life-I don't let others decide the script.

When people show you who they are, believe them the first time.-Maya Angelou

Worrying is wasted time. Use the same energy for doing something about whatever worries you.

What you believe has more power than what you dream or wish or hope for. You become what you believe.

The happiness you feel is in direct proportion to the love you give.

Failure is a signpost to turn you in another direction.

Let passion drive what you do.

Every day begins a chance to start over.

Being a mother is tough; but is also an amazing journey full of love and miracles and is something I'm profoundly grateful that I've had the chance to experience.

When you don't know what to do-pray!

"Trouble don't last always."

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Awesome start to your blog! I will definately put you on my favorites list.