background

Tuesday, July 25, 2017

I'm back!

So after a long absence I am finally back in action!  My husband got a new job and we had to move to a new state.  So for 6 months I was cleaning, packing and moving!  Didn't get to do art for all that time and it certainly made me cranky!  The good part is I have a whole room for my art in our new house but it has a long way to go with putting up shelves, etc.  I have it set up so I can at least do some art in the meantime though!

This is my newest piece and I plan to hang it on the wall in my new room!  I used a new medium that I saw Donna Downey use-joint compound!!!!  I love it, you can buy it at WalMart!  Similar in use to modeling paste but it takes a little longer to dry.  It also gives a different texture than modeling paste and is really easy to spread on with a spatula.  I used it with a stencil on the corners and love the texture it gave this piece!  The beads on the butterfly's wings are white seed beads.  I put clear glaze in the spots I wanted the beads in and then poured them (carefully) on and let it sit over night to dry.  Feels sooooo good to make art again!


No comments: