background

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Chicago trip!

















Here are some photos from the day trip we took this week to Chicago. We started at the Hancock building and went up to the observatory which is on the 90th floor! It's really neat there because they give you headphones and this ipod-like player. You go to different windows around the observatory and put the code into your player and then it tells you what you are looking at and also tells you about Chicago history; they have a separate player for kids, we loved it!
After the Hancock building we went outside and walked up and down Michigan Avenue (the famous "Miracle Mile") to see the stores and also visit my son's favorite place on this Earth-the Lego store! You should have seen him in there, he was in heaven! He was totally enthralled, kind of like me when I'm at the CTMH convention (like a kid in a candy store!) He bought 4 lego sets and promptly put them all together when we got home that night! If he's not an architect or engineer someday I'll be shocked!
We ended up dining at the Cheesecake Factory! One of my favorite restaurants! Ahhhhh....I just love, love, love Chicago :)




1 comment:

Rocky (Racquel) said...

My kind of town...

Next time you're coming, though, CALL.